The VPN service “HideMy.name VPN” (“Service“) is operated by inCloak Network Ltd. (“us“, “we“, or “our“)
We value our customers’privacy and believe that it is important for us to share the information about what kind of personal data we collect, process and store.
What is the application of this policy?
The application of this policy extends to our role as a controller with respect to the personal data of our site visitors and service users; in other words, where we establish the objectives and means of that personal data processing.
Regardless of our affiliation with any third-party service or product, this policy does not apply to such third-party affiliates. Our site contains hyperlinks to, and information about, third-party websites. We neither hold ourselves responsible for, nor do we have control over, these third parties’ privacy policies and practices.
You agree to our policy terms by using our website, products or services.
What personal data gets collected and stored when you sign up for our VPN service?
Because we want to maximize your privacy, we only collect the minimum amount of required information – your email address, which is stored in an encrypted mode on servers that are entirely encrypted.
Encryption technology will be used to protect any personal data, including your email address, that gets transferred from your web browser to our web server or the other way around.
We do not request or store your personal information, including your name, IP address or physical addresses. Personal Data within your account, such as your email address, may be used to reach out to you with marketing and promotional material, newsletters, and any other material that might interest you. You may use the unsubscribe link, instructions we provide in each email or contact us directly if you choose to opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us. You agree to this procedure by signing up for a HideMy.name account.
What information do we process when our customers connect to our VPN service?
A non-persistent log of connection data, that includes customers’ randomly generated username and internally assigned, non-public IP address, is maintained by us for troubleshooting purposes. We safely clear out the troubleshooting log every few hours. To lessen our legal liability, we purposely and strictly do not record any other data. Your browsing behavior is not monitored or recorded by us. It is impossible to log your browsing behavior with our technical backend. All the data you use remains anonymous and not connected to your real, public IP address.
The volume of traffic that you spend during your VPN session gets processed upon the end of each connection in order to update the traffic usage counters. The aggregated amount of monthly data traffic is accounted for in order to maintain a high level of service quality.
What personal data gets processed when you use our website
We may choose to process data regarding your use of our websites (“website usage data”). This data may include the information about the time, frequency and patterns of your visits, as well as your geographical location and IP address, operating system, browser type and version, referral source, pages viewed, length of visit, and website navigation paths. The web server logs are the source of the website usage data. This usage data processing is done in order to analyze the use of our website and services. It is legally based on our legitimate interest, such as monitoring, security, protecting and improving our website and its services.
What personal data gets processed when you contact us or our customer support over email, live chat or support forms?
We may process the data contained in or relating to any communication that you forward to us (“correspondence data“), including your email address, content of the communication and metadata associated with the correspondence. Our website or mail servers will produce the metadata associated with communications made using the site contact forms or SMTP protocol. The correspondence data may be processed in order to communicate with you or keep a record. Our legitimate interest is to deliver the best possible support experience for you and to improve our services.
Support communication is performed through two distinct third-party platforms: we use JivoChat for live chat and Zendesk for email correspondence and support tickets. When you communicate with us through these platforms, your correspondence records, including your name and email address, get recorded within their respective systems. Please, refer to these platforms’ corresponding privacy policies for more information:
- JivoChat: https://www.jivochat.com/privacy/
- Zendesk: https://www.zendesk.com/company/policies-procedures/
How and why the collected data get processed?
The collected information is used for a number of purposes:
- For provision and maintenance of our Services as well as their further growth.
- For informing you about changes to our Services.
- For letting you to participate in our Services’ interactive features when you choose to do so.
- For provision of customer support, including sending passcode reset emails.
- To collect valuable data and perform its analysis for the purposes of Service improvement or scientific studies.
- For monitoring how our Services are being used.
- For detecting, addressing and preventing technical problems.
- For detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities.
- For executing the contract terms you have agreed to or to enter into a contract with us.
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject or to protect vital interests of our clients or another natural person.
- To supply you with special offers, news and general information about other services, goods and events we offer that are similar to the ones you have already acquired or asked about unless you have opted out of receiving such information.
This policy indicates how your personal data is used by HideMy.name. Please do not provide us with any other person's personal data.
Do we collect anonymous diagnostic and crash reports?
With your consent we may gather anonymized network diagnostics and crash reports. This information is cannot be connected to your VPN usage.
Data transferred by our applications:
- Diagnostic data related to the connection setup and its failure.
- Speed tests.
- Crash reports.
What information do we store once you stop using our service?
You may request to erase all information associated with your VPN service account (including the VPN service account itself) from our systems once your VPN service account is terminated within our network.
What happens if we receive a legal notice, such as a DMCA, for copyright material downloaded by you?
Because our clients are anonymous when they use our service, such notification documents get sent to HideMy.name and our legal unit issues a suitable response. Because we do not store connection logs, we cannot connect the notice with a customer identity, even if obliged by law to do so.
What do we do when we get a legal request from an authority for customer related information?
Incorporated in Belize, our company has to comply with court orders received from a recognized legal authority that has a jurisdiction over HideMy.name. Nevertheless, the company cannot be obliged to provide the information that it doesn’t have. We request that each customer provides the minimal amount of information upon signing up – a valid email address. In case we ever become legally obliged to keep a persistent log of our customers’ connections or any other personal data relating to their network activity, we will immediately inform our clients and do everything possible to move jurisdictions or terminate the service to protect those who entrust their privacy to us.
We prioritize your data security, but we want you to remember that no approach to the Internet data transmission or method of electronic storage is absolutely secure. While we try to use commercially acceptable ways to protect your Personal Data, we cannot assure its complete security.
The servers we use for the storage of personal data are located in secure facilities, are operated by us and are 100% encrypted. Any data transmission gets secured with at least TLS 1.2.
We strive to undertake responsible steps to let you to amend, correct, erase, or restrict your Personal Data usage.
Please reach out to us in case you want to be notified which of your Personal Data we have stored within our system and if you wish for it to be deleted from it.
In particular circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and obtain a copy of your Personal Data we have stored within our system.
- To get any of your Personal Data stored within our system that is inaccurate corrected or updated.
- To request your Personal Data stored within our system to be removed.
- To get the processing of your Personal Data restricted.
- To dispute our processing of your Personal Data.
You have the right to portability of the data you give us. For the purposes of managing and transferring your Personal Data, you may request its copy in the form of a commonly used electronic format. Please be advised that we may demand verification of your identity before responding to the above mentioned requests.
You have the right to file a complaint with a legal authority responsible for data protection if you believe that our processing of your personal information violates data protection laws. You may lodge such a complaint in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your workplace or the place of the supposed violation. As long as the legal basis for your personal data processing by us is based on your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time you wish. This consent withdrawal, however, will not affect the lawfulness of the personal information processing before the consent withdrawal. You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by notifying us in a written form, ideally via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors) to deliver paid products and/or services within the Service.
We will not gather or record your information. That information is delivered directly to our third-party payment processors that will use your personal information according to their own Privacy Policies. These payment processors follow the standards set by PCI-DSS as governed by the PCI Security Standards Council - a joint effort of brands like Visa, American Express, Mastercard and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements are there to ensure secure handling of payment information.
We work with the following payment processors:
- G2A Pay: https://www.g2a.com/privacy-policy
- Paymentwall: https://www.paymentwall.com/en/privacypolicy
- Interkassa: https://www.interkassa.com/terms-and-conditions-other-legal-information/
- Payssion: https://payssion.com/privacy-policy.html
- Webmoney: https://wiki.wmtransfer.com/projects/webmoney/wiki/WebMoney_Europe_Privacy_Policy
- Apple Store In-App Payments: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/
- Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Google Play In-App Payments: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
Information about you, including your Personal Data, may be sent to and stored on computers outside of your province, state, country or other governmental jurisdiction, within locations where the data protection laws may be different from those in your jurisdiction.
What are cookies?
Cookies are snippets of text that a website you visit sends to your web browser. Stored in your web browser, a cookie allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you, facilitate your next visit and increase the usefulness of the Service to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session.” Persistent cookies are the ones that remain on your personal computer or mobile device once you are offline and session cookies are the ones that get erased as soon as your web browser is closed.
Please visit the help pages of your web browser in the case you decide to remove cookies or instruct your web browser to erase or refuse accepting cookies. Please be informed that if you remove cookies or refuse accepting them, you might be unable to use the entire range of the features we offer, you also might be unable to store your preferences. Moreover, some of our pages might not get displayed properly.
How are cookies used?
We can place a number of cookie files in your web browser whenever you use and access our Service. Cookies are used by us for the following purposes:
- To support certain functions of the Service
- To deliver analytics
- For storing your preferences: both types of cookies (session and persistent) are used. The cookies we use to operate the Service may be divided into three following groups: Essential, Account-related, and Analytics cookies.
- Essential cookies. We might use Essential cookies to record data that changes the Service’s behavior or appearance, for instance, user's language preference on the Service.
- Accounts-related cookies. We might use Accounts-related cookies in order to verify users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts, as well as to record data that changes the Service’s behavior or appearance, for instance, the “remember me“ functionality.
- Analytics cookies. We might use Analytics cookies to track information on how the Service is used for the purpose of making improvements, as well as to test new pages, advertisements, features or new functionality of the Service to see our users’ reaction to them.
We may utilize not only our own cookies, but also cookies of the different third-parties in order to report Service usage statistics, provide advertisements about and through the Service, etc.
Links To Other Sites
Our Service does not address any person under the age of 18 (“Children“).
We do not knowingly gather personally identifiable data from Children. Please contact us in case you are a parent or guardian and learn that your Child/Children provided us with Personal Data. If it comes to our attention that we have gathered Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will undertaketake steps to remove that information from our servers.
You are advised to check this page from time to time to make sure that you are satisfied with any changes to this policy.
inCloak Network Limited owns and operates HideMy.name websites and the HideMy.name VPN service. We are registered in Belize, and our registered office is at Suite 102, Ground Floor, Blake Building, Corner Eyre & Hutson Streets, Belize City, Belize.