A fairly simple and effective way for residents of China, Turkmenistan and other countries with strong internet filtering, especially if you are having problems connecting through our main VPN client for Windows .
- Download our UDP-Proxy utility for Windows.
- Unzip the archive and run the application.
The local SOCKS 5 proxy with encryption now works on your computer. The address of your local proxy is 127.0.0.1:1080 - use it in any application that supports proxies. For example, in a browser.
- Go to Settings → Advanced → Network.
- Register SOCKS proxy 127.0.0.1 port 1080 as shown in the screenshot below:
- Make sure that SOCKS 5 is selected and the Remote DNS is checked.
- If there is no checkmark next to the DNS, enable this option in your browser configuration:
- Make a copy of the shortcut for launching Google Chrome (for example, via ctrl + C, ctrl + V).
- Open the properties of the new shortcut and add the following parameter to the end of the program path: --proxy-server="socks5://127.0.0.1:1080"
- Make sure the parameter is inserted exactly as in the example , including all characters and the quotation mark at the end.
- Click OK and launch a new shortcut.
Instructions for other browsers.
Soon, it will be possible to use this proxy for our VPN shell to fully restore the previous functionality as well.
Write to support